Monday 25 April 2011

23/04 - 24/04: Weekend Movies




As part of my 30 day challenge on Saturday I choose to watch National Treasure, a film that I feel is a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining adventure movie so I decided to follow this up with the sequel National Treasure: Book of Secrets. The sequel gets off to a rather shaky start with a quick jaunt over the pond to France, then on to London to break into Buckingham Palace, but once the plot returns everything to the U.S. the movie begins to get into the swing of things, it's not as good as the original despite having an even bigger cast that now includes the likes of Ed Harris and Dame Helen Mirren.

The Fast and the Furious was actually a film chosen by my girlfriend, we had originally planned to go see Fast Five in the cinema but decided to just have lazy night in instead. Watching The Fast and the Furious I was reminded of two things, the first in the serious is a really good film and that it has been seriously overshadowed by the mediocrity of the first two sequels. Fast & Furious was almost there so hopefully Fast Five can be a return to form for the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment