Saturday 23 April 2011

Day 1: Most Disappointing Movie

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

First off let me say that I was a fan of the first Transformers movie, yes it wasn’t great but it was a good fun movie that I found was an exciting action movie which wasn’t taking itself too seriously and was able to add some humour in to the mix. So I thought that a sequel had potential.

Now I have heard people say that this is one of the worst films ever made and I have to disagree, yes there are some extremely cringe-worthy moments and some extremely questionable and downright annoying characters (I’m looking at you Twins) but if they were just a little bit crueller in the editing room and cut out about 30mins then this could have been a good film and I genuinely believe that because at almost 2.5 hours long it's just too much.

The main thing that disappointed me though is that if the sequel just took itself a little bit more seriously then this could have rivalled or even surpassed the original and that is extremely sad. Hopefully lessons have been learned and we can see Transformers 3 finish the trilogy off in style.

Oh and yes I know I do not own this film on DVD or Blu-Ray but I do have a digital copy of the film and will no doubt have to add this to my disk based collection at some point as I don't like having an incomplete series of films, this should be the only time I include a film not on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment